BrightSide Theatre is seeking INTERNS. Those interested in front of house management and website development for non-profits are encouraged to apply. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Master Carpenter/Tech Director & Set Designer
BrightSide Theatre seeks a Master Carpenter/Tech Director to build sets for 39 Steps/High School Musical, Jr & Hairspray and a Set Designer to design/dress sets for above shows as well. Performances at North Central College in Naperville. Commitment is from December 2017-June 2018. Production meetings/rehearsals take place in Downers Grove. Must have past experience and able to manage project independently meeting deadlines as outlined. Stipend pay per show! Send your resume and salary history or requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BrightSide Theatre is seeking a GRANT WRITER – an experienced, detail-oriented individual with a proven track record of writing successful grant proposals for a nonprofit arts organization. The successful candidate should have documented success in researching, positioning, writing, and securing grants from foundation, corporate, and government donors. The incumbent will work under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the Executive and Artistic Directors to secure funding to support BrightSide Theatre artistic programs and education programs, and general operations. This position is a project-based appointment with a per project stipend.
- Generate grant proposals and letters of inquiry (particularly for the organization’s artistic and education programs), compiling narrative content and project/program budgets in collaboration with the Executive and Artistic Directors
- Develop grant proposals in accordance with each grant-making organization’s priorities and follow each grant-making organization’s guidelines
- Compile, write, and edit grant proposals exhibiting strong writing skills and an excellent command of grammar and spelling
- Complete narrative and financial grant reports for the organization’s current institutional funders
- Develop a deep understanding of BrightSide Theatre’s programs and organizational vision/goals in order to generate compelling proposals
- Practice strict confidentiality regarding grant content and financial information
- Conduct prospect research, as needed, for new institutional funders using online sources
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience in a similar position with demonstrated success in writing and securing grants
- Experience creating grant proposal budgets and completing financial reports
- Experience working in, or knowledge of, the performing arts
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with particular attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel